Laughter is one of the best forms of medicine.
The Sunshine Project is Northern Ireland’s very first dedicated Laughter
Yoga business and has grown organically to be the largest leading
expert in laughter & happiness practices. I am a certified Laughter Yoga Leader and pleased to be part of this project.
What is Laughter Yoga?
- Laughter Yoga is a unique concept where anyone can laugh for no-reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy.
- We initiate laughter as an exercise in a group but with eye
contact and childlike playfulness, it soon turns into real and
- The reason we call it Laughter Yoga is because it combines
laughter exercises with yoga breathing. This brings more oxygen to the
body and the brain which makes one feel more energetic and healthy.
- The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that
the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter if done
with willingness. One gets the same physiological and psychological
- It was started by a medical doctor Dr. Madan Kataria from India
with just five people in a Mumbai Park in 1995. Today there are
thousands of Laughter Clubs in more than 70 countries.
To find out more about the Sunshine Project and monthly laughter clubs in Newry please contact me or visit the Sunshine Project.